Conferences hosted by the NCSC
- The NCSC hosted its first international conference of science communicators at IUCAA in Pune in January 2000, the theme being “Public Understanding of Science”. Around 210 science communicators from across the world attended the event.
- The second international conference was organised at the Bhabha Atomic Research Centre, Mumbai to felicitate and honor renowned astrophysicist and science communicator Prof. Jayant Narlikar, in July 2003. The theme of the conference was "Man and the Universe".
- The third international conference was held in Rio de Janeiro, Brazil in April 2005; the theme being "Science Communication in Developing Countries".
- In October 2005, the NCSC organised a national seminar on "Expanding Horizons of School Science Education" at the Labour India Complex, Marangattupilly, Kottayam, Kerala.
- In November 2006 a National Conference – Vision 2026 – Challenges in Science Communication, was organised at the Indian National Science Academy, New Delhi. The conference was held in order to celebrate and felicitate Prof.Yash Pal, a renowned scientist and a science communicator, on his 80th birthday. The conference was inaugurated by Dr. APJ Abdul Kalam, President of India.
- In September 2007 in association with Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education, TIFR,Mumbai a National Conference on Science Education - Challenges of Quality was organised in honor of Prof. B.M.Udgaonkar, eminent scientist and educationist on the occasion of his 80th Birthday at V.G.Kulkarni Auditorium at Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education. V.N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd, Mumbai 400088
- In December 2008 in association with Vigyan Prasar, Delhi a National Conference on National Agenda - Problems and Solutions was organised in honor of Dr. P.M. Bhargava, eminent scientist and founder of the Centre for Cellular and Molecular Biology, Hyderabad and the architect of modern biology and biotechnology in India on his completion of 80 years at the Auditorium of the Indian Institute of Chemical Technology, Uppal Road, Tarnaka, Hyderabad- 500007
- In November 2010 a National conference on Conservation of Biodiversity was organized jointly with Vigyan Prasar (VP), Delhi at Satish Dhawan Auditorium, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore.
- In January 2012 a National Conference on Science Communication - Addressing Women’s Issues was organised jointly with Vigyan Prasar and National Council of Science Museums, Kolkata at Birla Industrial & Technology Museum, Kolkata
- In January 2013 a National conference on Expanding Horizons of Innovation Communication jointly organised with The Chhattisgarh Council of Science & Technology, Raipur. The Conference was held on 5th and 6th January, 2013 at the auditorium of Indira Gandhi Agricultural University, Krishak Nagar, 492006, Raipur.
- In February 2014 a National conference on “Public Understanding and Public Engagement with Science, Technology & Innovation” jointly organised with and Punjab State Council for Science & Technology, (PSCST), Chandigarh. The Conference was held on 15 and 16 February 2014 at the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education. V.N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd, Mumbai 400088.
- In October 2015 A National conference on CREATIVE WRITING IN SCIENCE FOR CHILDREN (CWSC) jointly with the Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education (HBCSE),TIFR Mumbai, on 3rd and 4th October 2015 at VG Kulkarni Auditorium at Homi Bhabha Centre for Science Education. V.N. Purav Marg, Mankhurd, Mumbai 400088
- In April 2016 The National Conference on TECHNOLOGY VISION 2035 was held at Nehru Science Centre, Worli, under the joint auspices of Technology Information, Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC), National Centre for Science Communicators (NCSC) and National Council of Science Museums (NCSM), at the Nehru Science Centre, Worli, Mumbai on 18 April 2016
- In July 2016 a two day Discussion Meet on Technology Vision 2035 was held on 15th and 16th July, 2016 at Kanakakkunnu Palace, Trivandrum under the joint auspices of Kerala State Council for Science, Technology and Environment (KSCSTE) , Technology Information Forecasting and Assessment Council (TIFAC) and National Centre for Science Communicators .
- In November 2017 A BRNS Theme Meeting on role of Science and Technology in National Development Meeting was organised jointly by National Centre for Science Communicators, Nehru Science Centre, Materials Research Society of India, Mumbai Chapter Indian Physics Association, Board Of Research In Nuclear Sciences (BRNS) and Tata Institute of Fundamental Research as a tribute to the contribution to science and technology by Dr. R Chidambaram, Principal Scientific Advisor to the Government of India,
- In January 2018 the STEM STORYTELLING Festival -2018 (STEMSF-2018l) on January 13, 2018, as a tribute to Dr. A.P. Jayaraman for his contributions in the field of creative science literature for children in the genre of fact-fiction fusion stories. STEMSF-2018 was organised jointly by Nehru Science Centre, Mumbai, National Council of Science Museums, Indian Development Foundation, NES, SVB Group of Educational Institutions and National Centre for Science Communicators at the Auditorium of Nehru Science Centre.